"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,

The fruit of the womb is a reward."--Psalm 127:3


"But Mary kept all these things,

and pondered them in her heart."--Luke 2:19





Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Little Baby Boy is ONE!

I hate to say this again, but I can not believe how fast my little man is growing up. I just see all of this time flying by so fast and it makes me so sad that I just can't stop all of the changes and sit in a moment for a just a little bit longer. I KNOW for a fact that even though this parenting gig is tiring and difficult some times, I will absolutely miss these days when they are gone. This has been a great year and Drew is such a great kid. He is finally sleeping through the night in his own bed (which only took about 3 or 4 days of sleep training as opposed to Evan's 3 months of sleep training). He loves food and eats everything he can get his hands on. He says a few words like Daddy (pronounced Da-ee), hey, yeah (with clapping), bye-bye (with waving), ice, eat, and water bottle (pronounced wa-ba), most of which is still pretty hard to understand and sporadic. He walks really steadily and I can tell he wants to start wrestling with Daddy and Evan. I feel like he nurses all of the time still and I have not figured out what I want to do about that. He has not shown any readiness for weaning but I am gently suggesting that maybe now is a good time to start thinking about it. I'm not going to push it though. I'm just not in a rush for him to grow up because I know how much I will miss this phase when it's gone. Check out the pictures of my littlest man!

The first birthday portraits.


The party.


The First Birthday Interview.
Evan kind of hijacked the interview, but I guess that's pretty much what life is like now. Just push the pause button on the music player on the right of the page before you push play on the video.