Tuesday, August 21, 2007
40 weeks and 4 days...still no baby
Okay I am pretty tired of being pregnant, but it seems this boy is too cool for the rest of the world and has decided to be fashionably late to his own party. I have tried everything that supposedly brings on labor naturally, but the kid is stubborn and has apparently decided to choose his own birthday. At our last appointment (40 week), Dr. Hooi stripped my membranes between the cervix and bag of water so as to encourage dilation (opening of the cervix) and effacement (thinning of the cervix). This method is sure to bring on contractions with most, but not with me. Soooo, I am still waiting. Much to Evan's dismay, the placenta will not be able to support his nutritional needs until its time for him to go to kindergarten, so if he is not born by August 30th (Uncle Brandon's birthday) he will be served with an eviction notice. Please say a prayer for me, Dustin and Evan as we do this birth thing!!


