"Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,

The fruit of the womb is a reward."--Psalm 127:3


"But Mary kept all these things,

and pondered them in her heart."--Luke 2:19





Monday, July 13, 2009

My first day of school!

We decided that Evan was ready for a little more socialization, so we enrolled him at Rockinghorse Academy for just two days a week. We are just trying it out right now and we will continue it if he seems to like it. Well, I had prepared myself for a difficult goodbye and told myself to stay stong when Evan cries and the teacher is peeling him off of my legs. But I didn't have to deal with any of that. I stayed for about ten minutes while he got used to the room. It took him a few minutes to get comfortable, but once he did, he was not even paying attention to me. I took him to see the potty and told him to tell Ms. Mary (his teacher) if he had to go. I said "Momma's going, bye bye, I love you." He gave me a kiss and happily said "Bye Bye, Momma!" I walked out the door and that was it. I called the classroom as soon as I got to the car, just to make sure he was still ok. His teacher said, that Evan came up to her and said "Momma gone" but then went right back to playing. He really seems to be ready for this, which makes me soooo happy. I have called twice now (and he has only been there for two hours) and he is apparently loving it and making friends. Now I will have two mornings a week without my little toddler in the house. He is just growing up way too fast!