Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Adventures at Panchito's
So there we are, having a nice little lunch with Mia and Grandaddy. Suddenly Evan reached for me and said "Momma!" I scooped him up out of his high-chair and screamed. Naturally, we all clapped and cheered and caused a scene (Evan clapped and yelled "Yeah" too). Evan spent the whole lunch getting in and out of the high-chair, because, after all, I had to pick him up and reward him for actually using a word instead of the ear-splitting scream he has used in the past. After about the 13th transfer from the high-chair, I went to put him back in it so I might actually get a bite of food. On the way down, Evan grabbed my iced tea and spilled it everywhere. I tried to save him from the tea, slipped and fell flat on my face, right there in the middle of Panchito's. Evan, secure in his highchair but thinking I was hurt, was reaching for me and crying. It was so cute but such a scene. Thank you Grandaddy for coming through with a nice tip and not getting us banned from Panchito's!


